Friday, June 20, 2014

Whew!

It's been an eventful 24 hrs. Thursday was a crazy good day for me. It started with an email letting me know that one of my designs won first place in the Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar.  The prize money is a nice windfall.



The next happy happening was selling a Laura Ashley dress for a tidy sum.  I found the dress at the thrift store last week but it was too small for me so I decided to see if I could find it a good home and listed it on ebay I was sure the auction would end without a buyer but someone snapped it up at the last moment. Even better, they paid right away and I was able to have it packed and off to the post office.


And thirdly, I got a design acceptance email.  I love yeses!  I can't show you a picture of the design yet but it will be out in the fall.  

In amongst all that, I was finishing up the packing and getting Sprog and myself ready for cross country travel. Luckily, all my prep paid off and there wasn't too much left to do so we were able to have some down time. The day was beautiful so we decided to go hang out at the park for a while after running the last of the errands.  

Ducklings make good thing number four!

Hubby, Sprog, and I went out to family dinner at a Korean BBQ place and stuffed ourselves silly.  Kimchee - YUM! (And good thing number five.) Then it was time for Hubby to take us to the airport. 

We are now safe and sound at my parents' house in Massachusetts after an uneventful, if exhausting flight. I have no idea what day it is anymore.  Heck, after a night on the plane not sleeping I'm not even sure of what my name is.  But I'd better figure it out because I'm supposed to be driving to Cape Cod this evening with Sprog and my dear friend Stacy for the weekend. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on winning the competition. That looks like a Laura Ashley from her made in Wales days and yes, they are very popular! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the competition! how wonderful! and yay for all of your amazing happy situations, I love it when the good times keep rolling! I hope you are rested after your exhausting journey and ready for the next part of your adventure! x x x

    ReplyDelete