Monday, January 26, 2015

Traveling, Visiting, and Fine Art

Sorry to have been away for so long.  I had a wonderful trip to the East Coast but decided to make a real vacation of it and allowed myself to totally goof off.  It was great!  I spent lots of time indulging in long rambling conversations with friends and family, working on personal knitting projects, watching TV, and generally doing whatever I damn well pleased.  That didn't include taking very many pictures so I don't have a whole lot to show off.

One thing that did inspire me to pull out the camera was a trip to the Museum of Fine Art in Boston with my Dad.


The museum has an extensive and varied collection including a number of paintings by one of my favorite artists, Monet.  


I'm sure everyone I familiar with Monet's Water Lilies, but the depth and glow of the painting is sadly lost in photos.  


It's such a thrill to get to see these lovely paintings in person.


Here's the gem of the day.  Rabbit amid Ferns and Flowering Plants, 1855 by William J. Webbe.  Isn't it darling?


There was a small but comprehensive pottery exhibit that included these 3 stunning Teco vases.  These would look stunning in my house. 



This much more recent Haeger Pottery reproduction holds kindling on my hearth.

I'll have a second MFA post tomorrow featuring two very different clothing related exhibits. In the meanwhile I'm off to try to catch up with what's been going on in the blogisphere the last couple of weeks.














No comments:

Post a Comment